Sunday, September 4, 2011

Moving...or waiting?

First Kiss Girl here, and I'd like to share a regular life lesson everyone faces at least once, if not multiple times! Waiting on the Lord.

Things change in our lives, often it seems when we just get used to the consistency. This isn't due to God's humor, but its His Will; which we will never know fully. It is a part of life for doors to close and others to open-or maybe just a window. But before the next door opens, what do we do? Do we wait around, (as Paul would say...) by no means! We WATCH and wait, we seek and wait, we seek possibilities and wait.

This is SO easy to say, but with every different experience, that isn't all there is. With each unique waiting experience, its more complicated.

I'm still praying about where God wants me this Fall. My passion for youth and purity is strong again, but I'm also struggling with fear. I tend to not jump on big things because of my fear of failure, and not being good enough. This fear, I know, is the enemy trying to stop me! I'm also praying about overcoming this.
I have found things to do, such as: I assist at another youth group, I'm catching up on some reading, and I'm helping my Mom. But thinking about the things I need money for, hangs over my head almost everyday.

When I think about how I could make money, the only things I want to do are things that will help equip me for my husband and home. My dream job would be to work at a church under leadership I trust. But that isn't logical right now.
A part of me feels that this road block is because of my sin of laziness and fear and that until I change I might never get a clear answer...weather this is true that God would wait until I change or not...this makes me a little stressed.

Then I think about just doing SOMETHING no matter how big or small that would bring God glory. Sounds great! But where?
(this is an example of the thoughts I have...you are currently in Mandy's mind!)

So find just a job...or wait for God to make it clear?

I want nothing more than to be in youth ministry more, but (yes, another "but" lol) that doesn't pay for gas or outings.

There is so much ruining through my mind ALL DAY about what I should be doing and if I'm being the best I can. Then verses like Psalm 46:10 come to my mind

"Be still, and know that I am God"

And, Jeremiah 32:27

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"

And, Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you' declares the Lord 'plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

God is able!
He can put me where He wants me even with my fear.
He HAS already blessed me that I live with my parents and my Dad is able to still take care of me financially.
I have already learned so much, and I have more to learn.
I will TRUST...but
I will also OBEY...(Matthew 6:25, 34)

My prayer is to be a PROVERBS 31 woman. And truly have DILIGENT HANDS (Proverbs 10:4).

Please intercede for me if God calls you too. Thank you!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment