Friday, August 26, 2011

First post from my phone

I'm not sure about all of you (if anyone is reading this, lol) but I have not been sleeping well lately. I've been praying, trying to see if its something in my control, like worry. But I just don't know.
On the topic of all this nature stuff happening, with the earthquake and now the hurricane coming up the coast, it makes me think of the End Times. Then I think "if it is coming, am I prepared? Did I witness enough? Did I represent the Lord in my life?" Its a lot to think about.
There is only one person I feel I left things "unfinished" with and that's my neighbor. Growing up I would go to her house and play. She's a few years younger. We talked about the Lord and I often brought my Bible to answer her questions and we would sit on the hammock and talk. Then, we grew up and I stopped visiting. I invited her family to VBS at our church right down the road but really nothing else.

Then, I think about what I'm doing now. Am I doing my best and all that God has asked me to? I'm not sure if I know the answer to that but all of this just makes me THINK.
We should always have this mindset. We should always be thinking about Eternity and always have a sense of urgency. But so often we get caught up in our day to day lives and how we can be amazing people on earth, we forget the only approval that matters is God's.

I will end with this to ponder: Are you doing all you can for God? Is He the reason for everything you do and choose to do? Are you ready to leave this earth? Can you hear His voice saying "well done, thy good and faithful servant"?

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment