Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Focus on the Walk (Part Three)

Each of us has been through different things in life...we all have learned different lessons and we aren't all living the same.

As believers we are held to a high-standard, called The Word of God. Beyond the Word of God, the Holy Spirit leads us in our decision making, if we listen to Him. If your desire is to live the way you want to, and pray for God to keep you safe and bless you while you trot on your own pathway...you don't listen to the Holy Spirit. If you only want God's blessings and not His callings, but won't get anything.

So many people my age (and others) want nothing to do with God. They feel that God has forgotten about them and He wants them to suffer. In reality, they wanted nothing to do with Him, and they chose their own way rather than His. If you keep telling God off, He might actually leave one day.

"The worst thing God can do to you...is to leave you alone"

Is that what you want?
Is your life saying "God I don't want your way, I know what I am doing"?

If this is your attitude...let me remind you of something...

"In the beginning GOD" not you "created the heavens and the earth" including you. (Genesis 1:1)

Without God you wouldn't exist.
He didn't just create you as a science project...He had a purpose the whole time...
"He chose us in Him before the creation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight" (Ephesians 1:4)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart" (Jeremiah 1:5)
He created you because He wanted YOU. When He was pointing His finger making the galaxy's He thought to Himself in the year 1989 I am going to make Amanda, and she will be beautiful and she will walk in my ways and I will love her forever (ha ha isn't that awesome??). :)

God never makes mistakes, you were not a mistake or something that evolved over time or suddenly appeared, you were created. He loves us...and He made us just the way He wanted (even if sometimes sin masks that over)
"The King in enthralled by your beauty; honor Him for He is your Lord" (Psalm 45:11)
"But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to Him to formed it, 'why did you make me like this?' Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?" (Romans 9:20-21)

You see, you aren't just a person. To God, you are His perfect love. And He wants you. But He loves you SO much that He doesn't want you to get hurt or to stumble...so He gave you something to follow so that you wouldn't have to go through heartache. He gave you the Word, His Word.

When in the garden of Eden, Adam and Eve had direct communication with God, but they stepped off His path when deceived by the devil. God's heart broke that day. Even though He knew it would happen, I'm sure He didn't want it to. Sure He had the plans all set for sending Jesus...but He made the perfect place FOR US and we let ourselves think that He was withholding from us. We left Him, when He offered us everything good, we chose our own path, we chose sin.
I say "we" because we are all born into that same sin since the Garden. God still wants to give us everything good. We can't have the Garden of Eden right now because of how much sin is in this world...but we will have it in the next one.
But for now, will you break the chain? Will you choose God instead of your own way? Instead of sin?

"I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I may present you as a pure virgin to Him. But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpents cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere  and pure devotion to Christ." (2 Corinthians 11:2-3)
God didn't leave us to be enslaved to our sins...He provided a way to freedom...a way back to Him...a way back to obedience. Someone sinless had to physically die and take our payment...God decided He would come to earth in the form of a man to go through that...FOR US. We were the ones that messed up in the first place...but He decided to still save us.

Are you beginning to see it, the love of God?

"But God demonstrated His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)

Is this the God you want nothing to do with?
Is this the God you don't want to follow?

"I know the plans I have for you...they are plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11)
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him" (Romans 8:28)

Will you come back to Him?
Will you follow His loving Word that He wrote for you?
Will you choose Him instead of sin?

This is an everyday commitment. Believers or not we still have to choose God's ways and not our own.

You are created to be loved by God...will you let Him love you? Come back on the path of things good.

Will you walk in the garden...or walk in deception?
I'm sure Adam and Eve were kicking themselves when they bit that fruit and they realised all they had given up. The crazy thing is...you can have it back! Please don't wait another minute...

All my blog posts are lead by God...I get into His Word and He decides to lead me to write...so don't consider this by me...but written by God...to you.

TRUST and OBEY

p.s please leave comments, feedback or post on my facebook :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanda how are you? it's Luccia :) Listen, this is intense, I know that God lead me here, to your blog, because I have this powerful connection to these last three posts.... intense work. Excellent, praise God! I am so glad that God brought me here. I can't wait to read more of your posts when I have time. Excellent writing. Nicely done. Masterfully composed. I will be following you, for sure. Keep up the great work, my friend. And I am lookiing forward to your next entry.

    " Trust and Obey, there is no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to Trust and Obey." Right? haha isn't that how that verse goes? I will admit, it has been awhile since I have dove into scripture. But thanks to warriors of the Faith, like yourself, I do swim around in the Word, so often... But I need to walk in the scripture daily... really commit myself to it...
    Well anyway, thank you Amanda.
    And thank you Jesus. You deff. wrote this, for my heart. :)
    Amazing stuff!!

    Until next time!

    ReplyDelete